Saturday, June 4, 2011

Jalapeno Poppers

I found 8 jalapenos in my fridge this morning! I've always wanted to make a jalapeno popper because I'm always so disappointed with the frozen kind. They are never hot enough. So I figured today was the day! After searching for some recipes I thought I'd give it a try.

Here's what I did.

In a bowl I combined 3 jalapenos that I diced in the food processor. Half a package of cream cheese, a handful each of grated cheddar and mozzarella, a few diced chives and a dash of Worcestershire sauce

Mixed that up and made them into balls.


Dipped each ball into flour, then egg, then cornflake crumbs



Pan fried them, turning each one so they'd get evenly browned



Yum


This made 10 balls, next time I'd put a little more cheddar and make the balls a little smaller so there is more breading to filling ratio. They were just the right amount of heat I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment